[BITList] National service

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Sun May 12 08:22:12 BST 2013

National Service
frank

*Call Up - Guys Over 60
This is funny & obviously written by a Former Soldier... New Direction
for any war: Send Service Vets over 60! **Description: Description:
2.431411904 at web87703.mail.ir2.yahoo.com**I am over 60 and the Armed
Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older
than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing
arse**-backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they
ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit
until you're at least 35. For starters, researchers say 18-year-olds
think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple
of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day
to concentrate on the enemy.Young guys haven't lived long enough to be
cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I
can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry.' We are **normally****bad-tempered
and impatient, and maybe letting us kill some**arsehole**that
desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a
while.. An 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10am. Old guys
always get up early to pee, so what the hell. Besides, like I said, I'm
tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up
killing some fanatical son-of-a-bitch.****If captured we couldn't spill
the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank,
and serial number would be a real brainteaser.Boot camp would be easier
for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're
used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've
been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away
from the screaming and yelling. They could lighten up on the obstacle
course however... I've been in combat and never saw a single 20-foot
wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any press-ups
after completing basic training. Actually, the running part is kind of a
waste of energy, too... I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet. An
18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to
shave, to start a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't
figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the
back of his head. These are all great reasons to keep****our kids at
home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into
harm's way. Let us old guys track down those terrorists. The last thing
an enemy would want to****see is a couple million pissed off old farts
with bad attitudes and automatic weapons, who know that their best years
are already behind them.** HEY!! How about recruiting Women over 50...in
menopause!!! You think MEN have attitudes??**Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my God!!! If
nothing else, put them on border patrol. They'll have it secured the
first night!**Send this to all of your senior friends...it's in big type
so they can read it.*