[BITList] UCL investigating after Islamic groupdebatesegregated seating by gender | Education | The Guardian

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Tue Mar 12 13:07:10 GMT 2013

Hugh,

You seemed to be late in your life before your saw the light.

I went to church all my life until I was 18 years old. I was in the choir
when I was 6 and did all the different sorts of jobs such as carrying the
cross. Stuffing the candles out, reading the lesson etc.

Then when I was 16 I thought that I should read the bible from the start to
its end. It took me until I was 18 doing a bit virtually every night for an
half an hour before I went to sleep. I even put clips into different pages
that I wanted to check again.

My conclusion that I came to was that it was most of it was bullshit and
that it was written for a population that by and large was very uneducated.
>From that day I have all ways been an atheist.

I think  that religions only keeps on because most people are frightened to
die.

Malcolm.

Mike,

I read them until I lost track of what it was some of them were on about.
There's not much to be gained from reading doctrinaire claptrap, unless
total depression is a gain.  The older I get, the more atheism appeals to
me.

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com