[BITList] HOTEL SCAM

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 4 14:09:41 GMT 2013

Frank,

I don't possess a credit card, and I don't deal with people who find that a problem, since (when last I checked) not having one is still within the law. In the days when I did have such an item, I sure as hell didn't hand it over to anyone who would take it any further than the wee machine on the desk in front of me where it is swiped or read.  Once, in a restaurant in Tucson, AZ, my sister was paying, and she was all for handing her credit card over to a waitress to carry away to the innermost recesses of the restaurant, there to be processed. "That's what we do here," she said. I explained and, when the waitress arrived, she declined to hand it over. After a discussion the waitress brought the machine to the table.