[BITList] they are watching

x50type x50type at cox.net
Sat Jun 15 15:56:48 BST 2013

very good point, frank

The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.

but how secure and for how long are the ‘relays run by volunteers’ – and exactly who are the volunteers?

ct