[BITList] Police - Australia - Canada - USA

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 14 13:47:48 BST 2013

Wonder where the rest of the world fits in this scenario
frank

        How do you tell the difference between an Australian Police
        Officer, a Canadian Police Officer and
        an American Police Officer?

        QUESTION: You're on duty by yourself (don't ask why, you just
        are and your Sergeant hates you) walking on a deserted street
        late at night.

        Suddenly, an armed man with a huge knife comes around the
        corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the
        knife, and lunges at you.

        You are carrying your police issued Glock and you are an expert
        shot, however you have only a split second to react before he
        reaches you.

        What do you do?

        *ANSWER:*

        *Australian Police Officer*:

        Firstly the officer must consider the man's Human Rights.

        1) Does the man look poor or oppressed?

        2) Is he newly arrived in this country and does not yet
        understand the law?

        3) Is this really a knife or a ceremonial dagger?

        4) Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to
        attack?

        5) Am I dressed provocatively?

        6) Could I run away?

        7) Could I possibly swing my gun like a club and knock the knife
        out of his hand?

        8) Should I try and negotiate with him to discuss his wrong doings?

        9) Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?

        10) Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of
        message does this send to society?

        11) Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content
        just to wound me?

        12) If I were to grab his knees and hold on, would he still want
        to stab and kill me?

        13) If I raise my gun and he turns and runs away, do I get
        blamed if he falls over, knocks his head
        and kills himself? .

        14) If I shoot and wound him, and lose the subsequent court
        case, does he have the opportunity to
        sue me, cost me my job, my credibility and the loss of my family
        home?

        *Canadian Police Officer:*

        BANG!

        *American Police Officer:*

        BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
        BANG! BANG!

        'click'...Reload..

        BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
        BANG! BANG!

No virus found in this message.