[BITList] Fwd: LiveLeak.com - I'm not convinced that wasassuccessful a ship launch as they thought it was

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Tue Jun 4 14:19:59 BST 2013

Hugh,

During my apprenticeship the only excitement launch that we had was the ship
quickly crossed the river and got stuck on the other bank.

We could only launch ships when the tide was at its highest because the
river Ouse is quite narrow by the time it is going passed Goole. The man who
decides when the tide is changing to coming up the river and not going down
the river must have miscalculated the point. They had to wait for the next
tide to pull her free and it took four tugs. Fortunately no damage was done,
even the propeller was OK.

Malcolm.