[BITList] More on the UK Government and their "Stolen Pensions"

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Jul 10 02:47:59 BST 2013

G'day Malcolm,

On 09/07/2013, at 01:27 AM, Malcolm <malcena2 at uwclub.net> wrote:

> John,
>
> A few months ago channel 4 or 5 had a program on these topics. They had a poll covering England and Wales asking should folk who have emigrated get the pension increased every year like as we do who live here? 80 per cent said No. We have all been told regularly by the government that most of our pensions gradually go back to the government in the many different taxes that we pay, but you people spend all your money in the country that you are living. For instant Ena and I visited Aus in 1992 to see Ena’s sister, her husband ran a great big Ford car with a 4 litre engine with 2 petrol tanks and I found that he paid less money for a gallon of petrol than I paid for a litre. His car taxes were cheaper than I paid as all the taxes were less than in UK. The first of the joke interviews that you posted explained it better than I can. Have another look at it, there are your answers.
>
> Malcolm.

What you write may be true but I had monies removed by the UK Government from my pay while I worked in the UK.

I didn't have a choice.

So now you are claiming that it is right that we don't get our pensions uprated.

Why then are some countries uprated and others?

For instance, there was no EU when they took my money out of my pay but now UK any citizen can move to any EU country and still get their pension updates. Even Estonia and Croatia who have only just joined this year.

How do you, in particular, justify that situation?

Why for instance didn't the UK choose not pay me any pension when I retired but instead repay, with interest, all the money that they have now stolen from me?

How about taking out an annuity with a UK company only to be told that "You have moved to another country, therefore we will not pay you?