[BITList] aprons and home economics

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Sun Jan 20 16:05:24 GMT 2013

Where I lived all the houses had gas lighting until 1950. Only the pubs and
our house had electric light because I lived in a house that was also a
bakers shop with a large bakery at the back of it. That had three machines
that was run by electricity. The same goes for toilets the pubs and our
house had water toilets, the rest of the normal houses had muck box's until
1956. It was a long time before my mother got used to the idea that I wanted
to be a marine engineer like my grandfather Henderson than a baker and not
go into the family business.

Malcolm.

  _____