[BITList] Computer manufactureres

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Feb 23 05:06:10 GMT 2013

G'day folks,

I don't know if you know of any computer companies that have ever issued a "Recall Notice" for any of their products?

Apple in Australia recalled some of their 27 inch iMac computers. Mine was amongst them. They sent me an email telling me that my hard drive may need replacing, please take it to an Apple repair facility - no charge.

My machine is over two years old.

So I have been reduced to using my iPad since last Sunday.

I got my iMac back last Wednesday at lunch time and I started the backup of nearly 1 Tb of what was on the backup disk, just after 3.00 pm.

It didn't finish the back up until10.20 pm.

There were 699 unread msgs still waiting for my attention.

I have had full use of my iMac since Thursday morning.

Moral of the story? Buy an Apple iMac.