[BITList] Fwd: Scotland is going it alone - regardless of the referendum | Steve Richards | Comment is free | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 24 11:18:46 BST 2013

Mike,

Interesting and well written articles, like this one, are one reason why I
buy the Independent and the Herald.

All true, Mike, but we've always been distinct places and cultures. There's
nothing new in that.  It's the differences between Scotland and England that
attract us south for a holiday.  And it's the regional differences in
Scotland itself that cause us to venture out of our narrow den by the Clyde
(we're hemmed in north and south) and breathe some Highland air for a
change. Though strictly speaking all we have to do is take the ferry to
Dunoon.