[BITList] no spronnicle

x50type x50type at cox.net
Sat Aug 17 17:07:00 BST 2013

Hugh

it all depends on the point of view – it’s deep.

ALLISION, maritime law. The running of one vessel against another. It is distinguished from collision in this, that the latter means the running of two vessels against each other; this latter term is frequently used for allision.

in some references ‘allision’ refers to a vessel making contact with a fixed object.

incidentally, I have not seen ‘allision’ used outside the USA.

colin