[BITList] Furnace corrugations

x50type x50type at cox.net
Thu Aug 8 00:55:56 BST 2013

Hugh

Subject: Conneaut

I was lunching with some old guys a few days ago one of them was Second Asst Engineer, 1956 Season on the “Conneaut”, built 1916, Flagsip of Wyandotte Fleet.
It had coal fired scotch boilers.
We got chatting about,  ‘Scotch Boilers I Have Known and Loved’ and naturally the conversation turned to the furnace.
I recall the furnace had various patterns of corrugations, the names of which I have forgotten.
And this is where Google let me down; a search for the name of the type of furnace corrugation produced nothing!
Do you happen to recall or have a text book with the names of said corrugation?
Colin