[BITList] EMMA MAERSK - E/R Flooding

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 1 02:05:30 BST 2013

Colin
Mainly via routing, Cable specs and gland types and packing procedures,
Rolls-Royce of late don't seem to be as hot as given credit for in the
past with their poor  workmanship on the 380 engines,  at Austel I had
one case of the mechanical section running their Hydraulic lines for the
lifeboat auto lunch system though one of my cable gland plates and at
first refusing to reroute them until I explained that in the event of a
fire the lifeboat system wouldn't work as the electrical gland plate
packing is designed to expand under fire conditions and squeeze shut the
opening and consequently their hydraulic lines would be crushed
frank