[BITList] barking mad -- evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sun Oct 7 00:19:29 BST 2012

Hugh

may be it is an indication of the type and quality of education in the USA, for the many of the barking mad here are ‘university’ educated!

The Republican lawmaker made those comments during a speech Sept. 27 at a sportsman's banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell. Broun, a medical doctor, is running for re-election in November unopposed by Democrats.

the republican congressman Broun, who believes among other things, that the earth is 7000 years old [or was in 9000?] is a allegedly a medical doctor!

I probably can understand the guns-and-religion folk who live in the middle of nowhere espousing such nonsense – but a medical doctor...............!!!!

However, the recent republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum holds similar ridiculous views and  vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan is not far behind.

Here there seems to be no normal standard of normal beliefs, the outlandish and bizarre is dished out endlessly on radio and TV– I really don’t understand it.

I maintain some semblance of sanity only by listening to BBC Radio 4 online.

Colin