[BITList] evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 6 22:24:02 BST 2012

Colin,

Next it'll be ordeal by fire replacing courts of law. I don't recall Jesus saying anything about evolution, the Big Bang Theory, or the age of the Earth.  Which, I suppose, for nutcases means a belief in the first two are non-starters in the get you to heaven stakes, and Genesis got it right and you'd better believe it or else. But Jesus said nothing about many things - to be correct, he is not quoted as saying much about many things - among which TV, whisky, omelettes, pears, chess, digital cameras, Galois Theory and elephants. So where does a belief in these things stand pit-of-hell-wise?  It's all too stupid for words.