[BITList] OILFIELD !!!

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 23 13:58:41 GMT 2012

Hugh,
I spent a few weeks standing by on the Lancer in 86 she was owned and
operated by Ben Line by this time with ex chiefs as drillers and Rig
super the crew made up of mostly ex MN personnel She was in a sorry
state by then, we were due to sail for Brunei, when I got the offer of a
job in Spain which I took thinking Spain beat Brunei, but as usual I
made the wrong choice as my job in Spain came to an end in a year and
the Lancer Drilled one hole in Brunei then went to the Aegean for three
years. Story of my life given a choice in hindsight I always jumped the
wrong way. Santa Fe also wanted to send me to Scotland when she was
being built and I wanted to go but the local manager wouldn't give the
OK or I might have met you there
frank
     ,