[BITList] Fwd: Melbourne bus abuse video puts Australian attitudeson trial | World news | guardian.co.uk

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 22 20:24:08 GMT 2012

Mike,

Ignoramuses used to be summarily dealt with . A man told me a few years back
that he was upstairs on a local bus, one of the double-deckers which had the
passageway down the right and long seats on the left.  He heard a smack as
of a fist on a chin, and my Dad came down the passageway huckling a man
along and down the stairs and off the bus. When he came back upstairs them
man asked him what was up.  Dad told him the man had sworn at a woman and
refused to apologise.  Just over a year ago a man boarded a bus I was on and
immediately subjected the driver to a tirade of obscenities and threats.
This annoyed me - the rest of the bus stared straight ahead, no doubt
thinking about Jesus - the driver did nothing.  Having got rid of his bile,
the cretin sallied up the passage glaring about the bus and effing and
blinding at us. Once again, all around were stumm and dumb, so I told the
arsehole to shut the **** up or I'd shut him up.  His jaw dropped and he sat
down in silence to muttering from the other passengers, no doubt about my
language. Not a good advert for OZ, that video.