[BITList] Popular Wrench Fights a Chinese Rival - NYTimes.com

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 10 13:39:22 GMT 2012

Frank,

My first hammer, Kincaids's apprentice school, was something like 4.5lb, maybe more.  It was used for hitting the end of a cold chisel to remove about half an inch from the sides of a thick rectangular lump of boiler plate that was later squared off,  bevelled and polished, before being scrapped. I suppose it was my 'prentice piece. I was introduced to the 28lb (mundy) hammer later in the fitting (erecting) shops.  There was an even heavier item that was hung from the crane hook. All good fun.