[BITList] more Jenny Macklin on our side

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Wed May 23 14:08:20 BST 2012

John.

I wonder why that we never hear the other side of the reasons why that folk
who decide to leave the UK when their work life has completed to live in an
other country.

You have addressed the end of my email but not the start of it. As I
explained in my email  to Colin, service pensions have first to be paid into
UK bank and UK tax has paid on it. However I do not know whether MPs have an
extra perk that the rest do not. In my early 40s the BBC program Panorama
spent the whole episode explaining why that folk who emigrated to countries
like  Aus, NZ & Canada etc would only receive there pension they were
entitled to when they left UK. Apparently, there was a lot of folk had
planned to join their sons or daughters in Aus etc who had emigrated in the
50s and naturally they wanted to spend the rest of their life with them.
They were all told that they would never receive any increases. So everybody
knew the score. You either stayed in UK or you went to live in a place that
you thought was nicer.

The accountants of the Government had worked out that a lot of the pensions
folk received in UK ends back in the Governments purse or keeping UK
businesses alive. So, Money spent in the UK carries circulating in the UK.
Not in a far away country.

Malcolm.

  _____