[BITList] Star Trek ....Nice one, Pres

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 20 09:59:25 GMT 2012

Must have been George W.
frank

        *Subject:* *Star Trek ....Nice one, Pres*

                            The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just
        finished
        giving a speech and walked out into the lobby where he met the U.S.
        President. They shook hands, and as they walked the Iranian
        said, "You
        know, I have just one question about what I have seen in America .."
        The President said, "Well, anything I can do to help you, I will"
                            The Iranian whispered "My son watches this show
        'Star Trek' and in it there is Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is
        Scottish, Uhura who is Black and Sulu who is Japanese, but no
        Muslims.
                            My son is very upset and doesn't understand why
        there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Syrians or Pakistanis on
        Star Trek."
                            The President laughed, leaned toward the Iranian
        ambassador, and whispered back, "That's because it takes place
        in the
        future".