[BITList] A nail in the coffin of old funeral ways - Home News - UK- The Independent

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 11 10:50:43 GMT 2012

Mike,

I've been at three humanist funerals, and two of them were OK to fine.  The
other was dire - I had to keep reminding myself that the chap I'd known
since childhood was the man the humanist lady and others were talking cheery
nonsense about while the granddaughters sobbed loudly.  The only thing
missing was a round of applause.  I tell a lie, there were two things
missing - the other was a hint as to why the rest of his family were absent.