[BITList] more prom!

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sat Jun 16 18:28:24 BST 2012

Hugh

interesting about the uk prom..
why do you think boys don’t go to the girl’s house [where photos are taken] with a suitable enclosed vehicle, pick them up, dance all evening [where photos are taken] mostly with same girl, then deliver the girl back home [or to a friend’s house – which is code for a hotel room] ? very unusual to go separate ways – fact I’ve never heard of it.

I note all secondary schools in scotland are called high schools.

AFAIK this is different to england; I don’t recall ever hearing of a secondary school of any kind being called a high school.

others might like to chime in if they have heard of a high school in england.

and no kindergarten, primary or high school graduation ceremonies – what a loss to the economy and the self esteem of the students!

Colin