[BITList] hicks

COLIN TAYLOR s14engine at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:16:53 BST 2012

yes, I read the wiki article.

Hicks was in Afghanistan and area playing with the big boys – did he expect to be excused because he was from Australia? did Australians want special treatment for their soldier of fortune?

he could well have been killing Australian troops in Afghanistan. some ones grand children for example. However we can and should complain at his treatment at the hands of the Americans.  Really, would you feel the same if it was someone near and dear to you who he killed? however, I don’t suppose he got treated any differently than any one else in the conflict and circumstances.

what action could the Australian government have taken to ensure he get ‘fair treatment. what action can the Australian government take if Australian soldiers or citizens are captured by Taliban/The Base in Afghanistan and treated ‘unfairly’?

Hicks could have stayed in Adelaide enjoying the sunny weather!

Appears he didn’t know -- war is hell and people get hurt.

ct