[BITList] centifuges galore

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 2 09:16:28 BST 2012

Colin,

Tell me it isn't true.  Tell me my memories of being on the watch in 1957 that set up a world record of 10 minutes between closing HO rundown to purifiers and opening up again, after all cleaned, etc, ... was not a dream, that we really had discovered the mythical "centrifugal oil separator" before Hollywood.

I quote.
"Baldwin and Spyridon Contogouris, his friend and fellow plaintiff, were minority stockholders in Ocean Therapy Solutions, which was formed to market the machines, technically known as centrifugal oil separators. They claim that Costner kept them in the dark about a meeting in which BP agreed to make an $18 million deposit on an order for 32 of the devices that was estimated at $52 million. Costner, whose celebrity had brought attention to the machines, helped arrange the transaction."

Is a US court actually going to sit in judgement on this balderdash?  Was BP having them on?