[BITList] (no subject)

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 7 20:31:16 BST 2012

Macolm,

I'm pushing 80, and I'm missing out on all these goodies - to whom do I apply?

It was pissing down this morning when we awoke, and we all breathed a sigh of relief.  Three days without rain and we were starting to get worried - it felt unnatural.

We're told we'll be getting bins to put waste food in - a small one for the kitchen and a big one for the garden.  What waste food? I ask.  The birds queue up to eat the few bread crusts Janet leaves (I eat mine).  I threw  some pasta onto the back garden this evening and before I'd walked back two yards it was scoffed by 3 seagulls.  Potato peelings, etc, go into the compost bin.  We were brought up in wartime where we licked our plates clean. Anyone want 2 empty bins?