[BITList] Billy Joel.....this is very good......

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 20 02:12:48 GMT 2012

         Before you click on the site link, read below.......
         Then make sure your sound is on!
          frank

http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html

         If you don't do anything else the rest of the day, do yourself
a favour
         now and just watch/listen to this totally awesome video. Read the
         stuff first so you can tell what's going on..... It's awesome!
         This song and its title was the answer to one question of Final
Jeopardy.
         Only one person got it right. Question was (paraphrased):
         "What 80's song do history teachers praise for its educational
value?"
         I never could understand all the references on Billy Joel's song --
         fortunately, with this VIDEO, given the pictures, now I can
"see" what
         my "ears" couldn't. Apparently, it's Joel's homage to the
40-years of
         historical headlines since his birth (1949). -- Wish I could have
         appreciated the depths of this song when it was released.
         Twenty years later, I'm in awe of what Joel was able to put
into music
         and lyrics lasting only a few minutes.
         Whether you are a Billy Joel fan or not, you probably remember his
         great song, 'We Didn't Start the Fire.' Here it is, set to
pictures...
         Very, very cool. Had to share this one. It's a neat flashback
through
         the past half century. I never did know the words. Turn up the
volume,
         sit back and en joy a review of 50 years of history in less than 3
         minutes! Thanks to Billy Joel and some guy from the University of
         Chicago with a lot of spare time and Google.
         Top left gives you full screen....top right lets you pause. Bottom
         left shows the year. The older you are, the more pictures you will
         recognize. Anyone over age 65 should remember over 90% of what they
         see. But it's great at any age.