[BITList] Its too late.

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 15:09:10 GMT 2012

well said, Hugh

ct

From: HUGH
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:50 AM
To: BitList
Subject: Re: [BITList] Its too late.

John,

It may well be too late, but I can't see that militant atheism (if such exists at all) is the cause of the decline in mainstream Christian religious observance.  There has ceased to be a continuum in churches - the doers, movers and shakers are up in years, and there is a dearth of young people to follow on. Richard Dawkins is a closed book to the younger generation - no pictures in it. They are fed a 24/7/52 diet of celebrity pap, perfect teeth, beautiful children, everybody aged 31 and lying on a beach in Majorca, tuneless music and utterly banal lyrics and grotesque performers.  Atheism? They couldn't spell it, let alone have a clue about it.

For myself, I am suspicious of both sides - theism and atheism. On the one hand, uncritical belief and on the other, uncritical unbelief. Where this puts me, God/god knows.

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com