[BITList] DURBAN, South Africa THEN AND NOW

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 12 10:50:02 GMT 2012

John,

Not unnaturally, I recall almost nothing of Durban. Hamburg was similar - though I recall the quayside in the dark when viewed from the rail. I was on night work - we arrived before I was up, and we left next morning.  The landfall I most clearly recall is Esbjerg, seen from the DFDS Ferry while drinking a glass of Carlsberg grapefruit juice. Denmark, being quite flat, sort of jumps up from the horizon with the rising sun behind it. The car having been checked, and no flat tyres found, the view can be enjoyed in comfort.