[BITList] HEART ATTACK & WATER

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 9 14:34:43 GMT 2012

Frank,

The subjects we cover ....!

When I was a lad, we were forbidden to drink anything before going to bed. That apart, we drank when we were thirsty. I've since learned that thirst is the body's indicator that we should have drunk something a while back - not a very good system. I don't get up in the night to pee, but it's a long time since I had a couple of pints of beer. In 1976, two friends and I spent the night on the uninhabited island of Scarba, hoping to see the Corrievreckan whirlpool next day. The window of the keepers' lodge being unlocked, we abandoned our plan to sleep in a tent.  I slept on the mattress off a double bed, and the other two slept on the bed springs, all of us in sleeping bags. This was fine until the first one felt the effects of the amount of beer we'd had. The way to the toilet was along a long, glass roofed passage way. It was a stormy wet night, and the moon was in and out of the clouds  He who was desperate for a pee would not go alone,so someone had to go with him, which meant the third person would be alone in the dark room.  It was an interesting night.