[BITList] a smidgen of common sense

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 5 11:19:44 GMT 2012

Colin,

Anyone with a hairdo like Donald Trump's shoud be barred from office - that's before consideration of his politics and his allegedly Scottish granny. On the latter, I have incontrovertible proof that his granny was born in Hawaii.  In any case, the bastard can't say "Ru'glen's wee rid lums reek briskly", while half pissed.

I clicked on one of the side issues and noted Mitt Whatsisname is now "definitively" convinced Obama was born in the US. He urges fellow ex-sceptics to follow suit.  Is it a rule in the US that anyone running for office should be able to convince a panel of morons in pursuit of life, whatever and liberty (e pluribus unum) that she/he was born in the US?  And, since few can tell the future, and anyone could wake up tomorrow with a firm resolve to run for office, surely (in the interests of saving time) it would make sense for everyone born in the US to have a birth certificate or equivalent lodged in some secure repository?  Or am I missing something?