[BITList] FW: hd bolts

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Tue Aug 14 15:47:41 BST 2012

Hugh & Colin,

I think that I have missed something here. Did they find out when the bolts
were weak when the ship was strapped down when they were seeing what the
engines could do, or did they find the problem at the sea trials. If so they
must have been ridiculously weak if they could not stand the friction of the
ship moving through the water. Our ship yard made their own bolts using the
quality steel and sizes as specified by the engine builders.

Malcolm.

  _____