[BITList] bbc olympic tv

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Fri Aug 10 17:02:57 BST 2012

Malcolm

further on tv and the olympics;  the bbc blocks online viewing/listening of domestic tv and some local radio to folks interested in viewing and listening to same outside uk.
I have got around this [c/o Frank’s info] by using the free proxy server program ‘expat shield’, so I can now see all the bbc tv channels and programs [yes, even East Enders] here in the usa on my pc.
I was hoping to use the same app on my iPad, I could then mirror the BBC TV programs from  my iPad on to my big TV – so far I don’t see a suitable app.

I too am a big F1 fan and we do have very good coverage here now. Former racing driver Davis Hobbs, former race mechanic Steve Matchett and US car guy Bob Varsha are commentators with a young English lad Will Buxton in the pits. it used to be peter windsor until he resigned for greater things – running US F1 team, which turned out to be a joke and a total disaster, it was the subject of many comic pieces like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB6eJluXEbs&playnext=1&list=PL8CF7C4E10192F387&feature=results_main.

All the races except 3 are broadcast live on the Speed channel but I usually record them so I can view them at a reasonable hour. For unknown reasons Fox channel picks up 3 races per year, these are not broadcast live here because of time differences but are shown at peak viewing times [to impact commercials and increase profitability].

You have probably seen that a new F1 track has been built in austin, texas and should be all ready to go in november.

colin t
.