[BITList] FW: olympic tv

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Fri Aug 10 15:55:52 BST 2012

John & Colin.

Thank you for answering our questions. It is nice to here that the UK and
especially the old BBC TV 1-2-3 channels are at the top of league with the
Olympics programs. When the Aus reporter said in Aus they can only see
sports that Ausie's  are competing in. I thought that I had not understood
him right.

You did not say if you had the red button at the top of the screen (that Ena
calls it) The correct name is "Activation Button" which changes the screen
to similar to a computer then we can change over to which ever sport that is
playing that actual time. If you want to watch table tennis you just scroll
down to it and enter. Early on this week there was sometimes 14 events to
choose from and you are still on the BBC 1 channel.

My only really sport is Formulae 1 and I watched it on either BBC or ITV
depending which company had paid the F1 to screen it. Now Murdock's Sky has
taken it over and so I had to buy their cheapest package that included F1. I
must admit that they do a good job of it. Now when the race is actually
being run I can go activation and more or less be in the car with about 6
the drivers of the cars and see what the driver is seeing.

Now I have just typed another long Email. It was your compliment  to me that
I was "Very chivalrous  of you" that helped me along. Everyone in Yorkshire
knows that us men are so. Also we can do what ever we like and spend as much
money, as we like, as long as our wife's say so.

Malcolm.

it's about same in the US, Malcolm

some events are broadcast live, some are at other times. I have no idea of
any schedule.

contrary to aussie tv, we get plenty of table tennis even though I have not
seen an american in it!

a few hours ago I was watching china beat south korea at table tennis, but I
don't know when it was on in uk, it would have been after midnight

I did see about 30 seconds of women's boxing [eh!] this

colin t