[BITList] Fwd: Is It Possible to Build an "Unsinkable"Ship?:Scientific American

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Wed Apr 4 14:44:21 BST 2012

Hugh

Yes I can understand when you say that the WTs had to end at a deck, but
when that finished under the sea level the water would then burst through
all the port holes and windows etc. That is what happened in that Greek
liner. It sank because that it was taking in more water that it could accept
and still stay afloat. I am not sure that I have correctly explained my
self.

Malcolm.

-Mike,

I can't get my head round this stuff about WT bulkheads not being
"watertight at the top" and water overriding them when the ship went down by

the head.  This is crap.  Each of these bkhds ended at a deck, just like the

collision bkhd..  They had a structural purpose.

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com