[BITList] How Dry is Texas, Really?

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Fri Sep 16 18:41:48 BST 2011

Subject:  How Dry is Texas, Really?
looks pretty dry to me...............
ct

      Friends, I know you have heard that Texas is dry - it's nearly all of Texas and it's at an extreme level.  This past week we had a 1500 acre fire within a mile of our house, inside the Houston City limits.  My friend Lyn lives on the NE side of Houston & was just south a huge wild fire where 150,000 acres were lost and over 50 country homes were burned.  The city of Houston is limiting how often we can water lawns, but it's only a matter of time before that will come to an end.  Houston will lose millions of trees.

      Also see link for slide show of drought effect.
           http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasparkswildlife/sets/72157627429641925/show/

        PS  Texas is about 5 times bigger than Great Britain.