[BITList] Keith Tantlinger - Telegraph - Containerisation

John Davison davison.g at xtra.co.nz
Fri Sep 16 00:46:46 BST 2011

I all ways thought it was Sealand , Mclean who started containers , ie  45 footers , on the NY Puerto Rico service ,but this was disputed when I attended a container seminar in Spore, 68 ,  hosted by a guy from Adelaide ,, who said the worlds first container ship , operated from either Melbourne to Fremantle or Adelaide , perhaps the name ofthe co was Adelaide Steam , if I am not wrong ?

Dave Harvey maybe can shed some light on this ?

john