[BITList] Dad Banned From Mall for Photographing Daughter -Security | DSLReports Forums

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 11 10:18:12 BST 2011

Mike,

There was a report in yesterday's Herald, and the man was interviewed on BBC
TV Scottish News last night.  He has lodged a complaint with Strathclyde
Police about aggressive questioning and overbearing behaviour in general.
When he attempted to comfort his daughter, who was distressed by the affair,
the police intervened and accused him of not paying attention to them.  At
no time, he said, did either the security staff or the police consider the
possibility that he was her father - the matter didn't arise - they
possibility didn't enter their heads.  As far as I recall his words to TV,
he came away suspected of being a terrorist and an abuser of children.
Neither the Herald report nor the TV report said he was banned from Brahead
Mall, but we have imposed a family ban on the place.  A pox on it.