[BITList] Open Letter From American Airlines Pilot

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 1 15:37:08 BST 2011

I can scarce forbear to comment. I read (addressed by some fical Yank, to some fictional Muslim about the latter's homeland) - "Do you pledge allegiance to its flag?"  What utter, creepy, bullshit.

I've never pledged allegiance to a flag in my life, and never will.  A bit of cloth??? The Danes, who decorate wedding cakes with dozens of small Dannebrogs, use the actual flags for dusters when they wear out, as do we with whatever flags we choose to fly for whatever reason.  Ours flies from the top of a dead cactus-type thingy that looked as if it would appreciate a flag. The flag is rather woebegone, tattered and none too clean, as was its predecessor that was binned without a single bugle note.  So what would the fictional airline pilot make of the non-fictional me?

Gie's a brekk.