[BITList] Fwd: Lewinsky : 'Style Invitational'

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Wed Mar 30 18:44:20 BST 2011

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 30 March 2011 10:08:11 GMT+01:00

Subject: Fw: Lewinsky : 'Style Invitational'

This is my sort of poetry, i.e., I understand it!

The Washington Post runs a weekly contest in its Style
section called the 'Style Invitational'.

The requirements this week were to use the two words
'Lewinsky' (the Intern) and 'Kaczynski' (the Unabomber) in
the same limerick.

Now, remember, the following winning entries were actually
printed verbatim in the newspaper.

Third place:

There once was a girl named Lewinsky

Who played on a flute like Stravinsky

'Twas 'Hail to the Chief'

On this flute made of beef

That stole the front page from Kaczynski.

Second place:

Said Clinton to young Ms. Lewinsky,

We don't want to leave clues like Kaczynski,

Since you made such a mess,

Use the hem of your dress

And please wipe that stuff off your chinsky.

And the winning entry:

Lewinsky and Clinton have shown

What Kaczynski must surely have known,

That an intern is better