[BITList] ice storm

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Mar 30 14:28:46 BST 2011

yo frank
agree, temp down to zero is really felt when one is used to 17 – 27!
winter before this one our heating system went out and even though it didn’t get down to zero [and there were a number of warm days as useual in winter here], I was bloody frozen.
this winter got the heater running on ‘emergency’- means the electric elements as opposed to the heat pump. much better.
30c [86f] is about what we run here in nola – may get up to 96-98. we are a little nearer the equator than you.
geralton, wa. is about same –ve lat as we are.
yesterday was the first time I have seen serious hail stones here, but I heard there was a much bigger hail storm here a few years ago – with many cars badly beaten up.
I do recall a friend’s convertible bmw was torn up – hail ripped the soft top and tore into the leather seats! – of course dented the roof etc.
I was living here when that happened – but i don’t remember the actual storm – maybe I was away.
colin