[BITList] Something to chew over

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Mar 26 03:46:51 GMT 2011

G'day folks,

On 26/03/2011, at 8:02 AM, Michael Feltham wrote:

<< I think the companies concerned employ these people after their training, around the Wirral, if you want a plumber, you end up at a central exchange and they quote the price for the job, take it or leave it.  A few years ago we had a major job putting in new taps to a bath that had been installed before the last War.  This guy had done a short course and was now a plumber !  He was on £60 an hour, or at least his coy. charged that, he didn't tell me how much he actually got.

It's a bloody ripoff by unskilled men !  >>

Down Under, plumbers, electricians, nurses, doctors, teachers and dentists have to have a valid licence from the State in which they're operating.