[BITList] Evil Carbon!!

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 23 14:10:21 GMT 2011

    It is so comforting to know that once Comrade Gillard rips the guts
    out of our way of life with the so called "carbon tax" we will be
    able to say we defeated that monster. Uh, hang on a sec, Oh yeh,
    just remembered how much Australia contributes to the atmospheric
    CO2, ready for it, 1/100,000 of one percent. Yeh, that ought to take
    care of it, in about 5 million years time.

    *Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
    **If you've read his book you may agree that this is a
    good**summary**.**
    *

    *
    *
    *Are you sitting  down?**Okay, here's the  bombshell.*In just  FOUR
    DAYS, the volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its' first  spewing of
    volcanic ash, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made  in the past
    five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all  of us.Of
    course  you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying
    to  suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant
      requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us
      humans and all animal life.I know,  it's very disheartening to
    realize that all of the carbon emission  savings you have
    accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and  expense of:
    driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags,  sitting up till
    midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution"  science
    project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning  supplies,
    using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in  your
    toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, holidaysat
    home instead of abroad,  nearly getting hit every day on your
    bicycle, replacing all of your  50centlight bulbs with $10.00  light
    bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone  down
    the tubes in just four days.The  volcanic ash emitted into the
    Earth's atmosphere in just FOUR DAYS  by that volcano in Iceland,
    has totally  erased every single effort you have made to reduce the
    evil beast,  carbon.  And there are around 200 active volcanoes on
    the  planet spewing out this crud out at any one time - EVERY  DAY.I
    don't  really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should
    mention  that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the
    Philippines in 1991, it  spewed out more greenhouse gases into the
    atmosphere than the entire  human race had emitted in its
    entiretimeon earth.  Yes folks,  Mt Pinatubo was active for over one
    year - think about  it.Of course  I shouldn't spoil this
    touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention  the effect of solar
    and cosmic activity and the well recognised 800  year global heating
    and cooling cycles, which keep happening,  despite our completely
    insignificant efforts to affect climate  change.  I do wish I had a
    silver lining to this volcanic ash  cloud, but the fact of the
    matter is that the bush fire season  across the western USA and
    Australia this year alone  will negate your efforts to reduce carbon
    in our world for the next  two to three years...and it happens every
      year.Just  remember that our government is trying to impose a
    whopping carbon  tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused”
    climate change  scenario.  Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t
    mention  “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” - you
    know  why?  It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the
      past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with
      their pants down.Just keep  in mind that you might yet have an
    Emissions Trading Scheme - that  whopping new tax - imposed on you,
    that will achieve absolutely  nothing except make you poorer.  It
    won’t stop any volcanoes  from erupting, that’s for sure.But hey,
      relax, give the world a hug and have a nice  day!