[BITList] no apple - eh!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 5 09:37:12 GMT 2011

Colin,

It's not only tablets that "have yet to be purchased" (curious phrase) by the public.  I can think on many items in that category, some useful, some useless.  When it becomes compulsory to have one, I'll buy a tablet of an approved kind.

I often find myself sitting on a bus with my (old) mobile phone in my pocket, earphones (a few pairs) back at home, and I'm surrounded by people eagerly gazing at, pecking at, talking at, listening to, mobile phones and the like, with earplugs surgically attached to their heads.  I keep hoping for a sudden and catastrophic cessation of power, just to hear the howls of anguish as they are suddenly left naked to face to real world.  One episode of Father Ted had Father Jack wake up one day sober, terrified at what he saw - same thing.