[BITList] SI units in australia

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 7 14:43:12 BST 2011

Hugh,
When I worked as a electrical production coordinator for Austral
Shipyard where we produced very fast Patrol boats and Ferry's, I started
out commissioning Patrol boats and handing them over to the oz navy.
When I got proficient at this I was given a ferry to build from scratch
the drawings where normal construction drawing which had to be used in
conjunction with a 3D  walk though computer program which was a complete
mess but defended every inch of the way by the DO who would do their
utmost to bring the job to a standstill instead of going with an as
fitted version when their system fell over, As the time frame of these
vessels was very tight and the penalty clauses horrendous pandering to a
DO pet project was not an easy thing when they got it wrong yet again
and ones budget was being blown
frank