[BITList] ENGLISH AS SHE IS NOT BEING SPOKE

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 28 14:34:20 BST 2011

John,

Also, when dealing with kind of Spanish looking foreigners, adding "o" to the ends of words works a trick, eg, "Give-0 me-0 two-O beer-O."  An English colleague in Odense said to Henning Jensen (flawless English), "me English, you foreign." He wasn't being facetious.  Henning brought his complaint to me - "That ^%$& talks to me as if I'm a Red Indian."  His Geordie compatriots said, "He's from Barrow, so don't for God's sake associate him with us."