[BITList] Eric Delaney - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 20 08:01:06 BST 2011

Colin,

The question was asked on a website, and got the answer - Listen to My Music, which fits the tune.  I can hear the tune clearly in my head.  Ted Heath certainly had a lot of fine musicians - many of them went on to run their own bands.  I heard Eric Delaney at Cragburn in Gourock, but Heath didn't play there.  The only time I heard Heath live was in the old St Andrews Halls in Glasgow.  Of his band, I recall, like you, Don Lusher and Jack Parnell, also Kenny Baker and Johnny Hawksworth. Pianist Stan Tracey got an ovation in Glasgow after playing Skylark when the rest of the band were away having a drink.

I attach the full list.