[BITList] bigot

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 21 14:50:13 GMT 2011

Colin,

Here's us wishing it was all over regardless of who gets an invite and who doesn't, and the US right are getting their knickers in a right old twist about the guest list.  Oh to be in the Antarctic till June.

I could take their bullshit if they would only do a bit of research into where the £%$& they are taking about, and who.  Our elder daughter, no cream puff she, was in the US some years back, and an American lady in the company one evening engaged her in a conversation about back home, which the lady insisted was England. Susan begged leave to differ, but the lady would have none of it - "It's all England," she said.  Susan  told her, "You Canadians should get an education."  "Canadian??"shrieked the lady. "I'm not Canadian." Said Susan, "And I'm not effing English."  Enter my sister stage left to keep the peace.

I suspect the slightly "lower" profile of this wedding has more to do with the projection of a caring royal image in a period of austerity for us proles, than with any desire to introduce a common touch.  We do not look forward to endless media coverage of the wedding dress.  Susan's sister-in-law is getting married, always assuming it isn't off again, and we have had all we can stand about her sodding dress and the wedding in Cyprus - or was that her sister's ?  One can't keep up sometimes. Royal weddings don't help a bit.