[BITList] Keith Hambridge - RIP.

Jim Meldrum ihea at midcoast.com.au
Fri Jan 7 02:36:28 GMT 2011

Ahoy there!            Sad to relate the passing of Keith Hambridge on 29th Nov. 2010. from unknown circumstances. Born in 1927 Keith was an Engineer with B.I. & I think his first ship was the maiden voyage of the 'Chantala' or 'Chindwara'. I recall him saying that his watchmate was 'Taffy' Bell. Keith's nickname was 'Hambone'.
Like myself he came ashore & worked as a Hospital Engineer until retirement. He worked in Queensland at the Princess Alexandra Hospital & attended B.I. re-unions in Penang & Brisbane with his wife (Mickey) & his Son. His son, likewise an Engineer, never sailed with B.I., but absolutely loved the whole idea of our re-unions & raved about them.
Rest in peace, old friend! Your days of swinging cranks & crossheads are over.
keep well the rest of you!
Jim