[BITList] Fwd: [BIship] didnt know

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 4 20:15:07 GMT 2011

Mike,

I believe the source inquiry was on the Ships Nostalgia website, and they say they found little on Google to help.  I heard of the engine during my two spells with Scotts, but came away with little knowledge of it - ditto the Kindiesel, a Kincaid diesel I was supposed to have worked on in Kincaids had I not gone to sea. The late Johnson Robb, Scotts engineering director,  did a PhD at Glasgow after he retired, on the Scott shipbuilding history, and a copy of his thesis is on the shelves at the Watt Library, Greenock.  I'll have a look tomorrow morning for reference to the Scott Still engine.  I've checked my copies of Reeds and Sotherns, no mention. I understand McGibbons deals with it, but I haven't got McGibbons.