[BITList] Fwd: [IrishSeaShips] Re: NEWS: SS Shieldhall Could BeScrapped!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 3 22:35:24 GMT 2011

Mike,

I daresay you know the Shieldhall used to ply her trade on the Clyde, carrying treated sewage from Govan down to a dumping area somewhere in the Firth, and carrying passengers for the trip there and back.  She visited her home river 4 or maybe 5 years ago, and we had a fine cruise on her. We've still got the mug.  It would indeed be a tragedy if she were to be scrapped for the want of the spare change from a banker's bonus.

Hugh,